Things you need to know about the Skyrim Special Edition.
- Improved visuals, including remastered, higher resolution art and effects, volumetric god rays, dynamic depth of field, native 4K resolution on PS4 Pro and more
- In-game mod support
- All post-release DLC - Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Dawnguard - included
Skyrim remastered PC - how does the Special Edition compare to the original?
- 64-bit support, allowing the game to access more RAM than the original 32-bit edition
- Support for existing mods as well as those uploaded through Bethesda.net's own Creation Kit
- Support for saves from the original Skyrim in the Special Edition
- Available free for existing Steam users who own the original game and all expansions (Dragonborn, Hearthfire and Dawnguard) or the Legendary Edition
Meanwhile, the visual upgrades on all systems in the Special Edition include:
- Remastered art and effects
- Volumetric god rays
- Dynamic depth of field
- Screen-space reflections
- New snow shaders
- New water shaders